Saturday, March 31, 2012
Sunday, March 18, 2012
- Some time ago I posted "Sleep My Love" from the first demo of the german psychedelic rock band ORANGE. Here now is the complete first demo, recorded in 1993.
- ORANGE started late 1992 in Frankfurt as a 60s/70s inspired neo-psychedelic rock band and recorded some demos in the early 90s. All the band members had played previously in other experimental or psychedelic rock bands in the Rhein Main area and/or Berlin. Guitar player Maxim Engl (aka Michael S.) came from the JANITORS OF LUNACY, a heavily experimental industrial wave band in the 80s, Daniel P. Caesar ("Denner") from the psych jam band CAPTAIN FARTFISH AND HIS CAREFUL MUFFINS and the fun project THOTES SCHWEIN (the wrong H is on purpose) among others, girl singer Suse from HORSE BARDORTIES LIEBESCHOR and bassist Mike S. from CLOUD NINE & THE VITAMIN C.
- Their influences ranged from THE DOORS, PATTI SMITH, THE CURE, BUFFALO TOM to THROBBING GRISTLE/PSYCHIC TV and a hundred more. For example you can hear a DAVID BOWIE quote from "Hunky Dory" at the beginning of "Drowning", while in the middle break of that same song you can hear a parody of the TV series "Star Treck" (in German!) in the jug sound style of the 13TH FLOOR ELEVATORS! The whole demo is a firework of different sounds, quotes and ideas. (By the way: Only around 60 tapes were originally sold at concerts or given away to friends.)
- ORANGE - 1st demo (1993)
- 1. (While the) Rosies Die - 4.15
- 2. The Idiot in Bed - 6.20
- 3. Drowning - 6.54
- 4. Before the Night - 4.12
- 5. Sleep My Love - 9.07
- (mp3 zip, 44,7 MB, covers included, 31 min)
- Get it here or here or here or here! (new links March 2012)
Wednesday, March 7, 2012
- The band THE JANITORS OF LUNACY was founded in 1983 in Worms, Germany, as a dark experimental industrial band and soon moved to Berlin. Most of their songs have a real sinister atmosphere full of angst and depression and despair.
- In the beginning the JANITORS were heavily influenced by THROBBING GRISTLE, but soon moved on to a greater variety of sounds. Of course there is a strong NICO and VELVET UNDERGROUND influence (the band is named after a NICO song), but one can also hear traces of SUICIDE or BAUHAUS. "We All Want To Be Loved" could easily be an early EINSTÜRZENDE NEUBAUTEN track, and "L'etranger" sounds like a JOY DIVISION instrumental outtake.
- The singer sometimes resembles a sedated late JIM MORRISON (e.g. on "Back to the 50ies"), while the girl singer most of the time sounds EXACTLY like NICO. Really amazing!
- My personal favourite tracks are "Stanley Kubrick's Diaries" and "The Sweat of Fear in Lying Beds".
- In late '87 the band simply vanished from the German Underground scene, and guitarist Maxim Engl later went on to ORANGE and EPHEMEROL in the Frankfurt/Rhein-Main area.
Tuesday, March 6, 2012
ENDLESS ENDLESS ENDLESS are also featured with one extraordinary track on the HLFP-2CD-Compilation, the best of 2009, HLFP 04: SOUND EXPLOSIONS (here).
Read more about the band and their work here:
Do yourself a favour and download this jewel.
Great electronic dreamlike soundscape music!
(Read the original post here!)
More EEE here!
Black Talisman' - the debut by the New York/Jersey post-noise duo ENDLESS ENDLESS ENDLESS.
Truely amazing, quite unique piece of music! Spacy guitar accompanied by gameboyDS electronic sounds – very comfortable and relaxing listening experience, though there's lots of distortion...
Strongly recommended! (Original post here!)
ENDLESS ENDLESS ENDLESS - Black Talisman
(mp3-zip, 5 tracks, 32 min, 62,4 MB)
(New links March 2012)